[Lxc-users] VALE as networking option in LXC

Natale Patriciello natale.patriciello at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:46:26 UTC 2013

On 17/04/13 at 10:29am, Zhu Yanhai wrote:

> It should be ok, did you restart the container after config file change? Or
> maybe it's because you drop CAP_SYS_MODULE or CAP_MKNOD in the config file
> by mistake?

You're right, I had CAP_MKNOD dropped.

First results shows that, with netmap, I had ~16 Mpps between two VALE
instance on the host, and when I turn on LXC I had ~15 Mpps between two
containers where each one has one VALE instance (64 byte per packet).

Next I'll try to do the same thing with linux's pktgen and two tap'd
devices linked to two different containers (but sincerely I should study
how make a fair comparison).