[Lxc-users] Fwd: LXC WebPanel

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 5 17:31:01 UTC 2013

Quoting Lee Hambley (lee.hambley at gmail.com):
> Thanks for sharing, that looks cool - I wouldn't typically have looked for
> Python based solutions given my background in Ruby, but it's a neat,
> one-liner installation. If only it started itself in a container, somehow
> :-)
>
> I hope some tooling around creating rootfs' will improve as quickly as the
> admin interfaces, the /docker/ project seems to be making great strides in
> that direction, but it seems like a lot of tooling for what should be a
> simple problem, tarballs, anyone?

The cool thing about that is that you can pretend you have VCS for your
vm images.  So you can make a change, check it in, make another change,
etc.  With clone in the api supporting overlayfs I want to similarly
support

	lxc-create [...] -n r1
	<make changes>
	lxc-clone -o r1 -s -n r2
	<make changes>
	lxc-clone -o r2 -s -n r3
	<make changes>
	<mistake go back to r1, make other changes>
	lxc-clone -o r1 -s -n r10

-serge