[Lxc-users] problem in start lxc container

Binknight zheng_huabin at 163.com
Thu Sep 20 03:02:54 UTC 2012

hi all,

    After searching for a while, I found there are many different introductions to install lxc container, but do not find a step by step tutorial that works for general purpose.

    I have a host running fedora 16, and I want to install a lxc container that I can run some apps in it. The reason i need such a container is that 1) I will limit the resource usage of these apps, and 2) the apps' running environment is different
 with the host's.

    I tried the following steps: 1) install libcgroup, 2) install lxc, both the two are downloaded from sf.net.

    By run the lxc-fedora under the lxc's templates directory(/usr/local/lib/lxc/templates), it seems that the container is installed successfully. It says:
    "container is configured for lxc.network.type=veth and lxc.network.link=virbr0 (which is default if you have libvirt runnig)   "

    then i checked the libvirt by : service --status-all

    libvirtd.service - LSB: daemon for libvirt virtualization API
          Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/libvirtd)
          Active: active (running) since Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:18:20 +0800; 23min ago
    but when i try to start my container by lxc-start -n test1 -f test1/conf,it logout my host. After i login again, all is the same as before start container. So i am confused about how i can start my container or is there something i have skipped in the install process?