[Lxc-users] python-augeas enigma: error in lxc-container, none on desktop

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Mon Sep 17 09:50:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

Appologies for cross-posting this here ... after I send it to debian.users,
it occured to me that lxc may be important here ...

I have two debian wheezy setups. One is my desktop and another one is a lxc
container. Their python setup seems identical and the same version of
python-augeas is installed on both.

On the desktop calling
$ python
>>> from augeas import Augeas

works just fine, but on the container I get

Python 2.7.3rc2 (default, Apr 22 2012, 22:30:17)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2
>>> from augeas import Augeas
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/augeas.py", line 55, in <module>
    class Augeas(object):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/augeas.py", line 61, in Augeas
    for _v in ("%d.%d", "%d%d")])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/augeas.py", line 52, in _dlopen
    raise ImportError("Unable to import lib%s!" % args[0])
ImportError: Unable to import libpython2.7!

Any idea where this may go wrong and how to fix it? Is there something
specific about this in an lxc context that might cause the error?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely, Joh