[Lxc-users] LXC container templates

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Sep 6 18:06:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM, TuxRaiderPen
<tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 05, 2012 18:48:55 Matthew Franz wrote:
>> So even though I think creating role-specific templates is a flawed
>
> Why? Is not the goal of a template ease and speed to set up new containers?
>
> A LAMP server is a pretty basic generic server that  a lot of users would
> want.

Yes, absolutely.  But there are quite a few ways to make that easy.

lxc templates is one, but working up a really nice set of those
might not be as good a use of time as doing something that
be useful not just with lxc, but with any virtualization system, or
with real machines.

In other words: it should be an easy two-step process to get an LXC lamp
server: lxc-create the base image, then do something like 'apt-get
install lamp-server'
inside that.
- Dan