[Lxc-users] Regarding connecting containers to vlan

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Oct 31 04:09:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:39 AM, brian mullan <bmullan.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kalyana & Fajar
>
> I know this answer isn't about VLAN specifically but it might interest you.
> I'd stumbled upon it a few weeks ago and the title was
> "Connecting containers on several hosts with Open vSwitch"
>
> http://s3hh.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/connecting-containers-on-several-hosts-with-open-vswitch/
>
> There was also a newer post regarding Open vSwitch and LXC:
> http://s3hh.wordpress.com/

Last time I tested, openvswicth is more powerful, but kinda
complicated for new users who are used to linux bridge.

Anyway, back to Kalyana's requirement, you can either:
- bridge the trunk (eth0) to the container, and create vlan on the
interface in container side (i.e. create eth0.100 in the container)
- bridge the vlan interface (eth0.100) to the container, and use the
interface on container side (eth0) directly as regular interface

--
Fajar