[Lxc-users] [systemd-devel] Unable to run systemd in an LXC / cgroup container.

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Oct 26 21:02:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 12:11 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 23:38 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Thu, 25.10.12 11:59, Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com) wrote:
>
> > > I SUSPECT the hang condition is something to do with systemd trying to
> > > start and interactive console on /dev/console, which sysvinit and
> > > upstart do not do.
>
> > Yes, this is documented, please see the link I already posted, and which
> > I linked above a second time.

> This may have been my fault.  I was using the -o option to lxc-start
> (output logfile) and failed to specify the -c (console output redirect)
> option.  It seems to fire up nicely (albeit with other problems) with
> that additional option.  Continuing my research.

Confirming.  Using the -c option for the console file works.
Unfortunately, thanks to no getty's on the ttys so lxc-console does not
work and no way to connect to that console redirect and the failure of
the network to start, I'm still trying to figure out just what is face
planting in a container I can not access.  :-/=/  Punch out the punch
list one PUNCH at at time here.