[Lxc-users] centos6 container and root login

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Oct 22 20:15:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:19 AM, olx69 <ope-linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> basically I did follow
>> http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Centos6/Installation/Minimal_installation_using_yum
>>
>> Additionally I added
>>
>> echo "pts/0" >> /etc/securetty
>>
>> to the lxc container to allow root login,

You shouldn't need that.

>> but it doesn't allow me this.
>> Any hints for this? The goal is to run postgresql 9.x, bacula 5.x and
>> others inside the lxc env.

As papp mentioned, you'd probably have problems there (at least if the
host is ubuntu) since postgres use shared memory and apparmor doesn't
allow setting it.

> to be more precise, I've got after root/passwd phrase the option:
>
> Would you like to enter a security context? [N]

Looks like selinux problem? Can you try disabling selinux in the host
(and possibly in the guest as well) with "setenforce 0".

--
Fajar