[Lxc-users] problem in start lxc container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 9 03:07:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Binknight <zheng_huabin at 163.com> wrote:
> I setup a bridge by modify the scripts in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ in
> my test environment,it does work but it's not a satisfied solution, since it
> will change much of the HOST. My system administrator may not be pleased if
> I change the system config of the product environment. Though changing
> system config is inevitable, I am looking for an approach that's easy to
> deploy and easy to recover. Maybe libvirt is the right way.

It depends.

Both virbr0 (libvirt) and lxcbr0 uses NAT masquarade, so by default
you won't be able to access the VM from outside the host. You CAN do
so though, by manually setting up a static NAT. IMHO this is too much
hassle, better just use bridge. Bridge setup works fine even when you
don't actually use it, so it shouldn't be a problem.

As always, choose whatever solution suits you best.

--
Fajar