[Lxc-users] Cluster filesystem?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Oct 8 15:58:40 UTC 2012

On Mon 2012-10-08 (17:16), Papp Tamas wrote:

> On 10/08/2012 05:00 PM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
>
> > "should" - I prefer recommendations ny experience :-)
> >
> > I have tried by myself gluster and it is HORRIBLE slow.
>
> If you are interested, try Moosefs. I have quite good experiences with
> it, however not under containers.

Moosefs is FUSE based (for clients) and therefore will be very slow.
I suspect NFS is faster, even on (only) GbE.

> multiple mount protection
>
> You cannot mount the partition multiple times at the same time. It's a
> safe protection. With this trick you can be safe and fast with all the
> benefits of true posix filesystems.

Ubuntu 12.04 does not have ext4 MMP support.
Besides this, I would need n filesystems for n hosts. A failover solution
would be very complex.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF: <5072EE31.8060403 at martos.bme.hu>