[Lxc-users] Cluster filesystem?

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Mon Oct 8 15:16:01 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 05:00 PM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> "should" - I prefer recommendations ny experience :-)
>
> I have tried by myself gluster and it is HORRIBLE slow.
> With GFS I have heard of several fatal crashes with data corruption.

Also GFS locking mechanism is not the best if I know well.
If you are interested, try Moosefs. I have quite good experiences with
it, however not under containers.

>> BTW I would rather use just pure volume's from the storage with ext4 and
>> set MMP (multiple mount protection) on the fs.
> What is MMP?

multiple mount protection

You cannot mount the partition multiple times at the same time. It's a safe protection.
With this trick you can be safe and fast with all the benefits of true posix filesystems.

tamas