[Lxc-users] Network Performance

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Fri Nov 30 20:40:21 UTC 2012

Quoting daniel marques (daniel.marques at uniriotec.br):
> Hi Serge,
>
> Sorry for my late answer. I do use veth, but the other experiments also use
> it.

Please explain exactly how the non-container network namespace test was
set up, though.

> But my guess there is might be some kind of kernel customization, so
> they can reach these speeds, but unfortunatelly I am not aware of what
> customization they made on their kernels.
> A little more about my setup... My kernel's version is:
> 3.20.0-23-generica-pae.

I don't know what this is, linux isn't at 3.20 yet :)

Did you use the same kernel for both?

> And the network setup of my containers:
> lxc.network.type=veth
> lxc.network.link=lxcbr0
> lxc.network.flags=up

lxcbr0 is a NAT'd bridge so you'll have slowdown due to that.
You might try specifying the same bridge you used for the netns
tests.  That would explain a difference in performance.

-serge