[Lxc-users] Network Performance

daniel marques daniel.marques at uniriotec.br
Tue Nov 27 19:58:11 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

Recently I've adopted LXC as a network virtualization tool, where I use the
containers to generate traffic via iperf and do my experiments. So far,
everything seems to be fine, but I am with doubts regarding the network
namespace used in the containers, using it without customizing anything
I've managed to generate up to 100Mbps of throughput, but no more than
this. I'd like to know what can I do to have a better performance with
these interfaces, since I've found out that using the network namespace I
can reach up to 1Gbps.
This is the my setup:
Ubuntu 12.04 32 bits
LXC  0.7.5 (installed from Ubuntu's repository)

Regards,
Daniel