[Lxc-users] LXC-Create fails after upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 from 12.04

bmullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:59:34 UTC 2012

last week I upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10 and since then LXC no longer
works correctly.

creating a simple LXC container:

    sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n cont1

appears to be working ok until it gets to the following error near the end:

Get:23 http://archive.ubuntu.com quantal-updates/main Translation-en [38.8 kB]
Get:24 http://archive.ubuntu.com quantal-updates/multiverse Translation-en [587 B]
Get:25 http://archive.ubuntu.com quantal-updates/restricted Translation-en [635 B]
Get:26 http://archive.ubuntu.com quantal-updates/universe Translation-en [18.9 kB]
Fetched 4901 kB in 11s (427 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
lxc-unshare: symbol lookup error: lxc-unshare: undefined symbol:
lxc_fill_namespace_flags
Container upgrade failed.  The container cache may be out of date,
in which case flushing the case (see -F in the hep output) may help.
failed to execute template 'ubuntu'
aborted

I've been doing google searches and have read the mail list and although there
appears to be people having various problems with LXC-START ... which I have
seen also.   I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this further.

Thanks for any tips/hints.
Brian