[Lxc-users] Proposal: Change default value of lxc.pivotdir

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Wed May 30 10:46:18 UTC 2012

Dear Chris,

>I think many of us have been caught out by this feature.

No need to get this number rising, right? ;)

>I now set all my config files to use /mnt/.lxc/NAME as the lxc.pivotdir entry for a container named NAME.

Do you choose the NAME postfix because in addition there's a possible race condition while starting two containers at the same time, too?? If this is the case, please Developers, make it a build-in to lxc-start to choose such an arbitrary name based on some adequate prefix (maybe .lxc-pivot is also a good speaking one) AND the actual container name.

For the moment I'll add this to my wrapper script as a dynamic configuration passed via the -s option.

greetings

Guido