[Lxc-users] Proposal: Change default value of lxc.pivotdir

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Wed May 30 08:39:15 UTC 2012

Dear developers,

I want to propose to change the default value of  the temporal lxc pivot directory from  'mnt'  to  '.lxc-mnt'  or something "unusual" like that:

Right now, It takes me about an hour to trace down why I can successfully bind mount some resource from the host to the container to any mount point, but not at some location beyond /mnt -- which will be the canonical choice for a mount point to many users.

Yes, I can read it in the manual. And I actually was able to find it in the moment as I have found at the debug level, what's happens in the background.

As I don't see any reason to have this nice pitfall for others too, I vote to change the default name of the pivot directory away from 'mnt'.

greetings

Guido