[Lxc-users] postgres

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Mon May 14 10:10:53 UTC 2012

Hi Papp,

> >> kernel.shmmni = 4096
> > I assume you misspelled "shmmin" there?
>
> No.
> Do you have shmmin?:)

Oh, never mind me. I had assumed the SHMMIN mentioned in the postgresql
output would have a sysctl:

> If the request size is already small, it's possible that it is less
> than your kernel's SHMMIN parameter, in which case raising the
> request size or reconfiguring SHMMIN is called for.

Sorry for the useless noise.

> >> If I chroot to the container from the host it just works as expected.
> > Does that still work if you change the value of shmmax in the host?
>
> Yes. BTW, shm values can be changed only on the host.
Ah, right. In that case, perhaps postgresql somehow allocates different
amounts of SHM based on some autodetection mechanism or other
circumstance, and lxc is somehow messing up this mechanism?

I'm just guessing here, perhaps someone with better lxc-fu has some more
useful contribution... :-)

Gr.

Matthijs