[Lxc-users] Proper way to use LXC to serve multiple apps execution from outside

Đỗ Hoàng Khiêm dohoangkhiem at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:13:46 UTC 2012

Hi everybody, I'm new to LXC and I've successfully setup and run lxc inside
my machine. But I'm still curious about the proper way to use lxc.

Suppose that I want to build a system to serve many app. execution requests
from outside, and I want each app will have an isolated environment to run,
so each time process an  execution request I have to create a container for
this request then execute app and destroy container? Or create one
container to serve all?

If I create an own container for each app, is there any problem if many
apps run at same time, as I see that each container has its own rootfs in
/var/lib/lxc with size about 300MB in my machine (I've to installed some
additional packages, runtime environments in the container, eg. Python,
Ruby runtime env.), so 100 apps. run at same time will consume about 30GB
in hard drive?

Thanks for every comment.