[Lxc-users] lxc-execute fails to exec lxc-init

Peter Gillard-Moss pgillard at thoughtworks.com
Tue Mar 27 11:16:36 UTC 2012

Hello,

I wondered if you could help.

I have installed lxc-init from the Ubuntu package repos for both Natty and
Oneiric and both fail on lxc-execute with the same error.

Versions used are 0.7.4-0ubuntu7.2 (Natty) and 0.7.5-0ubuntu8.5 (Oneiric)

I wondered if you could help me understand what I am doing wrong?

I start by creating a container:
   sudo lxc-create -n test -t natty -f /etc/lxc/lxc.conf

I then run lxc-execute like so:
   sudo lxc-execute --name test 'echo "Hello"'
And I get the following response:
   lxc-execute: No such file or directory - failed to exec
/usr/lib/lxc/lxc-init
   lxc-execute: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
   lxc-execute: failed to spawn 'test'

For completeness contents of /etc/lxc/lxc.conf are as follows:
  lxc.network.type = veth
  lxc.network.flags = up
  lxc.network.name = eth0
  lxc.network.link = br0
  lxc.network.ipv4 = 0.0.0.0

Thanks in advanced.

--
Peter Gillard-Moss
Developer | ThoughtWorks Studios | Technical Solutions