[Lxc-users] Squeeze Template fix?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Mar 21 15:25:32 UTC 2012

Quoting Terry--gmail (terry.kemmerer at gmail.com):
> Hello serge! Thanks for your response!
>
> When you say, "unstable" version, are you referring to something on the
> lxc site that I need to compile or are you talking about adding a
> debian repository?

I think I meant debian unstable (sid)

> Your command-
>
> 	lxc-create -t debian -n vm103 -f /etc/lxc.conf
>
> Looks completely different from what I am using under debootstrap:

lxc-create is a script which uses another script (template) to create
containers.  '-t debian' says to use the template
/usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-debian, which is what calls debootstrap.

> *	/usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-debian -p /var/lib/lxc/vm**1**0**1**/*

You are manually doing what lxc-create does for you.

> I'm not sure how I fit your command into my sequence of instructions
> as it seems we are both

You should be able to use lxc-create, then go back into the container
rootfs and make any of the other changes you need to make.  But the
idea is that the template should make all the changes needed, so you
shouldn't *need* to do anything unless you want to fine-tune.

-serge