[Lxc-users] State of lxc-attach support in mainstream

Xavi León xleon at ac.upc.edu
Fri Mar 16 11:26:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
> On 02/24/2012 01:31 PM, Ivan Vilata i Balaguer wrote:
>> Hi all, this message is just to ask for the current state of lxc-attach
>> support entering into mainstream Linux source code.  I've seen that
>> there are some patches[1] for 3.0 which don't apply cleanly to 3.1 and
>> newer, and Christian Seiler has sent some more patches[2] to fix some
>> issues with inherited capabilities and cgroup[3] of the new process.
>
> The missing piece is the pid namespace. The author of the patches had no
> time to send them out and nobody else could take care of them. I can
> handle that and try to make them upstream but not in a near future, so
> if somebody else is willing to do that, that would be very nice.

FYI, I attach the kernel patchset (based on the 3.0.0-lxc1 version on
the website) for the linux version 3.2.9. Mainly I removed the patches
already applied upstream and minor twicks to comply with some changes
on the kernel. I guess they may need still some work to make it
upstream but they work well in our setup. I'm not that confortable
with the kernel source though to take the bullet...

cheers,
Xavi