[Lxc-users] lxc-execute can not access to network

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Mar 16 03:03:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Sam Wang <zhefwang at gmail.com> wrote:
> First,I add a bridge in my computer,and the bridge IP is 10.0.2.15

How?

> lxc.network.link=br0

Is this the correct brige?

> lxc.network.ipv4=10.0.2.16/24

Not sure about this one. Personally I just run a dhcp server on the
host (e.g. dnsmasq) and let the guest use dhcp.

> finally,I use lxc-execute to ping 10.0.2.2 which is the gateway of my
> computer,using lxc-execute -n nettest ping 10.0.2.2.but it does not wok
> where am I wrong?please help me

Have you enabled the necessary firewall rules, if any?

Also, lxc-execute might not work (e.g. it's possible the guest has not
configure its network device yet). I'd run lxc-start first, and test
networking from there. At least that way you can be sure whether the
problem is in the bridge, lxc networking, or lxc-execute.

--
Fajar