[Lxc-users] CPU cgroup starts by itself

Robert Kawecki thewanderer at gim11.pl
Thu Mar 15 13:00:12 UTC 2012

Dnia 2012-03-15, czw o godzinie 13:44 +0100, Goran Cetusic pisze:
> I have problems with starting containers in Linux Mint Debian Edition
> because /dev/cgroup/cpu is mounted by itself.

I'm on Debian and I've ever had only two things mount any cgroups:
1. /etc/fstab (but you said it's not it)
2. /etc/cgconfig.conf

(but of course it's nothing that a `grep -d recurse $some_keyword /etc`
wouldn't show)

Actually, a properly configured mount in either of those should enable
LXC to work. And how to troubleshoot this at runtime? Try umounting the
previously mounted filesystem and just mount where you need it.
Shouldn't you be adding some options like -o cpu,freezer , too? You need
specific cgroups mounted (like freezer) for LXC - at least that was the
case when I last tried it I think.

Oh, and I find that symlinking /etc/mtab to /proc/mounts helps a lot
when dealing with cgroups.

Hope that helps!