[Lxc-users] CPU cgroup starts by itself

Goran Cetusic goran.cetusic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:44:29 UTC 2012

I have problems with starting containers in Linux Mint Debian Edition
because /dev/cgroup/cpu is mounted by itself.

lxc-start: cgroup is not mounted
lxc-start: failed to setup the cgroups for 'imunes'
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'imunes'

I realize it's not mounted because I didn't mount...because I can't!
I believe this generates the following error when trying to mount cgroups

$ mount none -t cgroup /cgroup
mount: none already mounted or /cgroup busy

It's not in fstab so I have no idea what is mounting it.
Any suggestions on

A) How to solve the current mount problem?
B) What is mount the cgroup?