[Lxc-users] Ubuntu template questions

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Wed Mar 14 07:44:27 UTC 2012

>Can the host send a signal to the init's container? If yes, sysvinit
>responds to SIGINT. Does upstart  behave the same (e.g. process
>control-alt-delete.conf when the signal is received)? It's set to
>reboot by default, but perhaps there's some other signal than we can
>use for shutdown?

SysVInit responds to SIGINT -- normaly with a reboot action -- and to SIGPWR. I add the line

	pf:12345:powerwait:/sbin/halt

to the containers  /etc/inittab  file. In my lxc managing script I'm using this to gracefully reboot or halt ("powerdown") containers by sending this signals to the init of the container.

If someone is able to add something to the upstart  or other corresponding frameworks, I would suggest to use the same signals for compatibility.

Guido