[Lxc-users] Ubuntu template questions

Olivier Mauras oliver.mauras at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:20:04 UTC 2012

>From what I know - as upstart is also on rh6 - you need to issue a reboot/shutdown directly from inside the guest.

Olivier

Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net> wrote:

On 03/14/2012 02:37 AM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Is that the optional use of lxc-halt, which does chroot $rootfs telinit 0?

yes.

> That unfortunately won't work with upstart in the host and guest.

too bad then.

since i have absolutely no clue about upstart at all.. i just hope there
can be found/made an equivalent of telinit, otherwise that seems like
quite a disadvantage of upstart, or, is running ubuntu with sysvinit
still supported?

--
Address: Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email: daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet: http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/