[Lxc-users] Can we run Ubuntu template on RHEL6?

Allen Elliott allen303allen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:54:52 UTC 2012

2012/3/8 Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net>:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Allen Elliott <allen303allen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 在 2012年3月7日星期三,Mauras Olivier <oliver.mauras at gmail.com> 写道:
>>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Allen Elliott <allen303allen at gmail.com>

>>> What are your guest logs saying?
>
>> I didn't find any useful information in /var/log/ , maybe the guest didn't
>> record it? Haw can I get that log?
>
> I'd go another way.
> - try looking at selinux settings on the guest (just in case), make
> sure it's disabled
> - make sure firewall in the guest is disabled (again, just in case)
> - upgrade hosts' kernel to the latets stable: http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
>
> --
> Fajar

The template was copied from another machine with Ubuntu 10.10
running, thus on that machine, the guest and the host have the same
version of OS, and the guest works perfect, so maybe selinux or
firewall are not the problems.

So I doubt if the different version of OS cause the connection
problem. And how can I confirm that?