[Lxc-users] The memory information got from lxc-group and ps are conflictive

Sam Wang zhefwang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:44:48 UTC 2012

when I run an application with lxc-execute,such as lxc-execute -n foo
forever,I get the memory information using lxc-cgroup -n foo
memory.usage_in_bytes.However,at the same time,I use ps -p pid -o rss to
get the memory of application,the two results are conflictive.
   according to the document of linux kernel,the result of lxc should be
rss+cache,and the result of ps should be rss.so result of lxc should be
greater than the result of ps.But in my computer,the result of lxc is
smaller.what's more,the result of lxc is the memory of lxc-init plus the
application,if I add the memory of lxc-init,which is also got from ps ,the
result of lxc is about the half of the sum.
  can someone tell me why?

--

Zhefeng Wang
University of Science and Technology of China
Email:zhefwang at gmail.com

In God we trust, all others bring data