[Lxc-users] lxc headeache on debian wheezy

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Mon Jul 30 00:46:10 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 02:21 AM, Loïc wrote:
> Would you be kind to point me to this bug number, since you probably
> know it?

any of those with the subject 'missing preseeding for live-debconfig' or
something like that.

> There is a "linux-container" debian package, but no "live-debconfig" one.
> What am I supposed to do then, when no up to date documentation is
> available?

it's still in NEW.

> Should I believe that lxc was unusable for 18 months or that it's just a
> late bug?

debian-live gets, by its nature, most of its stuff for the release done
once debian is frozen; i've unified linux-container and live-config
parts into live-debconf to make it useful generically.. that needs some
time to ripple through all involved packages. just be patient and wait.

and yes, had you used it before that (i.e. ~two weeks ago), everything
has worked perfectly.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/