[Lxc-users] Remedy for centos base installation failing operations on /sys?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Jul 19 07:03:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

The "filesystem" package is part of a centos base installation and is
uninstallable in an lxc container (see pasted output below) due to lacking
access rights to /sys ... I'm not sure that this is even crucial, as the
container seems to work just fine, but downstream installations fail and I
want to exclude that it may be traceable to this ...

So: how may this be circumventable? Should I be posting this on a centos
list?

Thanks for any hints.

Sincerely, Joh

PROMPT> yum install filesystem
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * base: mirror.atrpms.net
 * updates: ftp.hosteurope.de
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package filesystem.x86_64 0:2.4.30-3.el6 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

======================================================================================================================================
 Package                          Arch                         Version
Repository                  Size
======================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 filesystem                       x86_64                       2.4.30-3.el6
base                       1.0 M

Transaction Summary
======================================================================================================================================
Install       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.0 M
Installed size: 0
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
filesystem-2.4.30-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
| 1.0 MB     00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing : filesystem-2.4.30-3.el6.x86_64
1/1
Error unpacking rpm package filesystem-2.4.30-3.el6.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /sys: cpio: chown
  Verifying  : filesystem-2.4.30-3.el6.x86_64
1/1

Failed:
  filesystem.x86_64 0:2.4.30-3.el6