[Lxc-users] Know issue? lxc-fedora command/script missing?

Ramez Hanna rhanna at informatiq.org
Sun Jul 15 21:03:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Schorschi <schorschi at dc.rr.com> wrote:

> Know issue?  lxc-fedora command/script missing?  when doing...
>
> # yum install lxc
>
> no command/script is added called 'lxc-fedora'
>
> I untared the 0.7.5 and 0.8.0rc2 tars, and there is a template script
> file... lxc-fedora.in in both.  So what gives?
>
> Also, a lot of the LXC documentation, blogs, etc is very dated.  Including
> the official LXC web page.  Is someone going to update for Fedora 17?  Most
> of the references in Google are over 2 years old now.
>
> Last, has febootstrap been depreciated for use with LXC?  This seems to be
> point of confusion given the dated information and the few blog comments
> out
> on the internet.
>
> Schorschi

I did most of the work for the fedora template
yes the febootstrap is deprecated, because the developer of febootstrap
changed direction and is focusing on creating ultra thin fedora images
which did not work for lxc
http://informatiq.org/content/lxc-fedora-now-works-f15-onwards for more info

lxc-fedora is a template script in /usr/lib64/lxc/templates/lxc-fedora and
is called when u pass the -t parameter to lxc-create

there is also a script i pated in the mailing list called lxc-start-fedora
as a workaround

I'll try to write up more about lxc and fedora soon

--
BR
RH