[Lxc-users] Debian Containers hangs when starting.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jul 9 08:37:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Glenn Daneels <glenndaneels at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on constructing a Debian template in a linux container.
>
> As I normally do not work on a Debian system, I'm working on a Virtualbox
> with Debian Wheezy (testing) and lxc 0.8.0~rc1-4 installed.
> I used a preseed configuration file (http://pastebin.com/SR5YXBqE). (Notice
> the puppet package, what would be needed to automatically configure OMF on
> the template, see [1]). The preseed is shown here
> http://pastebin.com/yqwbG5UV.
>
> When first starting up the linux container, I was told to set the network
> bridge (http://pastebin.com/TWchXrCR) and I mounted the cgroup by adding
> in/etc/fstab, see http://pastebin.com/tSS0KdY1
>
> After this, the lxc-start seemed to fire up the container, but the debian
> seems to "hang" at a certain point: http://pastebin.com/YFxsV9W6
> And after a while additional output is printed: http://pastebin.com/4N87RR9i
> (that additional output repeats every 5 minutes.)
> (Also the startpar: service(s) returned failure: hostname.sh ... failed!
> failure keeps me worried...).
>
> Does anyone know what is going on or what I'm doing wrong?

IIRC there was a similar thread earlier (search the archives), and the
conclusion was whatever method you used to create the guest is flawed,
in that in doesn't create the necessary tty nodes and modify
/etc/inittab accordingly. It's consistent with your log "INIT: Id "6"
respawning too fast" and friends, which should be the line that starts
tty.

I'd suggest you try using "lxc-create -t debian", or at least see what
modification is present there (/usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-debian) and
apply it manually to your setup.

--
Fajar