[Lxc-users] Debian Containers hangs when starting.

Glenn Daneels glenndaneels at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:16:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on constructing a Debian template in a linux container.

As I normally do not work on a Debian system, I'm working on a Virtualbox
with Debian Wheezy (testing) and lxc 0.8.0~rc1-4 installed.
I used a preseed configuration file (http://pastebin.com/SR5YXBqE). (Notice
the puppet package, what would be needed to automatically configure OMF on
the template, see [1]). The preseed is shown here
http://pastebin.com/yqwbG5UV.

When first starting up the linux container, I was told to set the network
bridge (http://pastebin.com/TWchXrCR) and I mounted the cgroup by adding
in/etc/fstab, see http://pastebin.com/tSS0KdY1

After this, the lxc-start seemed to fire up the container, but the debian
seems to "hang" at a certain point: http://pastebin.com/YFxsV9W6
And after a while additional output is printed:
http://pastebin.com/4N87RR9i(that additional output repeats every 5
minutes.)
(Also the *startpar: service(s) returned failure: hostname.sh ...
failed!*failure keeps me worried...).

Does anyone know what is going on or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

[1] As a side-question: To easily provide OMF in the templates, I wanted to
add extra packages in the linux containers (via the preseed file); those
packages come from the OMF repo and are not part of the official debian
packages. The creation of the linux containers however does not seem to
have the possibility to add additional packages from other "not-standard"
repositories. Is this correct? (We now turned to the puppet solution to
configure OMF when the sliver is booted, but being able to provide the OMF
packages by the preseed file would be the better solution.)