[Lxc-users] lxc-console on Debian Squeeze - buggy?

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Fri Jan 6 15:04:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 02:18:37PM -0500, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
>
>> # lxc-info -n xfer
>> state:   RUNNING
>> pid:      1414
>>
>> # lxc-console -n xfer
>> lxc-console: 'xfer' is stopped
>
> For other people, is lxc-console working on Debian 0.7.5? Anyone know where
> it's looking when it reaches the false conclusion that the container it's
> been asked to show is stopped, despite that lxc-info can see it running just
> fine (and it is running just fine)? On the face of it it looks like
> lxc-console would do better to use the same code, and look in the same
> place, as lxc-info, when checking to see if something is running.

I have debian squeeze with a self compiled LXC 0.7.5 and lxc-console works
just fine.

   # uname -r
   3.1.4
   # lxc-version
   lxc version: 0.7.5
   # lxc-console -n hydra

   Type <Ctrl+a q> to exit the console

   Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 hydra tty1

   hydra login:

   # lxc-console -n magpie

   Type <Ctrl+a q> to exit the console

   Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 magpie tty1

   magpie login:

and so on.

My compiled version of LXC (./configure ; make) is looking for the
(copied) config files in /usr/local/var/lib/lxc/

   # ls /usr/local/var/lib/lxc/magpie/
   config  on_boot

When moving to 0.7.5, I did a lxc-stop/-destroy/-create on all the
containers.

Gordon