[Lxc-users] cachefilesd

Gary Ballantyne gary.ballantyne at haulashore.com
Wed Feb 15 17:59:22 UTC 2012

Hi

Does anyone have experience with cachefilesd they can share?

I have a ubuntu precise host and container (latest EC2 beta). I
installed cachefilesd on both host and container. cachefilesd starts on
the host, but not in the container.

The container's syslog complained about access to /dev/cachefilesd. I
only kinda know what I am doing here, but I commented out
"lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a" in the config file. Now I see:

Feb 15 17:51:07 localhost cachefilesd[358]: About to bind cache
Feb 15 17:51:07 localhost cachefilesd[358]: CacheFiles bind failed:
errno 95 (Operation not supported)

Appreciate your thoughts ...

Thanks

Gary