[Lxc-users] LXC no connectivity after first "boot" of the guest

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Aug 10 11:33:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Klemens Rauch
<klemens.rauch at rolmail.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a beginner with lxc and and have been making my way thru the
> documentation and several mailing lists.
>
> Now I have problem which I can't resolve by myself.
> First of all some general Information about my Infrastructure:
> I'm running a Debian Squeeze Server with a (3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64) Kernel,
> running lxc (0.8.0~rc1-8) from testing repositories.
> cgroups mounted, bridge-utils installed and configured, debootstrap and
> libvirt-bin too.
>
> I made 4 wheezy guests via:
> lxc-create -n xxx -t debian

IIRC debian only support using lxc-debconf, not lxc-debian, so I
wouldn't be surprised if you found a problem which won't be fixed.

> Same behaviour with the other 3 guests. First boot everything works like
> a charm than after the first time no connectivity to the rest of the world.

What does "brctl show" on the host looks like:
- before you start any guest
- when the first guest is started
- after the first guest is down
- when the second guest is started (or is it the same guest restarted?)

Just in case there were some problems with bridging on the host side.

--
Fajar