[Lxc-users] lxc-start problem in centos 6.2

Peter S htims.rm.p at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 23:33:49 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

My os is centos 6.2 and lxc version is 0.8.0-rc1. I downloaded the template
from openvz, crated a container from it. When I tried to run lxc-start, got
the following error:
sudo /usr/local/bin/lxc-start  -n centos
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to rename cgroup
/cgroup//lxc/3732->/cgroup//lxc/centos
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'centos'
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup
'/cgroup//lxc/centos'

The following is some information about my configuration:
1. mount:
none on /cgroup type cgroup (rw)

2. centos configuration file:
lxc.utsname = centos
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.network.hwaddr = 4a:49:43:49:79:bd
lxc.network.ipv4 = 192.168.250.150
lxc.mount = /etc/lxc/lxc-centos.fstab
lxc.rootfs = /home/jenkins/container/centos

/home/jenkins/container/centos is where the template is extracted into.

Can you give me some hint how I can fix the problem? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Peter