[Lxc-users] Ubuntu /etc/init.d/xinetd kills container's xinetd

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Fri Oct 7 09:28:16 UTC 2011

On 10/06/2011 06:49 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> In such case it's usually good practice to file it against Ubuntu so
> that we can determine if the bug comes from us or Debian and then
> forward to Debian if it comes from there.

well, it's obvious in this case that the debian package is affected as
well, and the ubuntu modifications are not to the initscript anyway as
ubuntu uses upstart jobs. ymmv.

> In the past we had quite a few complaints from Debian developers when
> Ubuntu users would file a bug for a package with a -ubuntuX version
> number indicating changes done in Ubuntu.

right, i do complain from time to time about this as well (for ubuntu
specific bugs where people report the bug in debian because in ubuntu
for non-main packages it's basically ignored and they think the debian
people would fix it instead for them :) but it's gotten better in the
last years.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/