[Lxc-users] Ubuntu /etc/init.d/xinetd kills container's xinetd

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 6 16:49:40 UTC 2011

On 10/06/2011 12:51 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 10/06/2011 03:48 AM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
>> though a good part of that will probably have to happen in Debian
>
> which is why the bug should be filled in debian in the first place:
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

The reason I pointed him to Launchpad rather than Debian for xinetd is
because the xinetd version number in Ubuntu suggests Ubuntu-specific
changes.

In such case it's usually good practice to file it against Ubuntu so
that we can determine if the bug comes from us or Debian and then
forward to Debian if it comes from there.

In the past we had quite a few complaints from Debian developers when
Ubuntu users would file a bug for a package with a -ubuntuX version
number indicating changes done in Ubuntu.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer