[Lxc-users] How to execute smbtorture command using lxc-execute?

nishant mungse nishantmungse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 06:02:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM, nishant mungse <nishantmungse at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Greg Kurz <gkurz at fr.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 17:07 +0530, nishant mungse wrote:
>> > Hi Greg,
>> >
>> > I have one more doubt regarding lxc containers.
>> >
>> > command::
>> >  lxc-execute -n ubuntu_user -f /home/nishant/ubuntu.conf  -- useradd
>> > -c "base_system" -m -p base_system base
>> >
>> > Will this create a new user in base container or on my host system?
>>
>> No. lxc-execute(1) is dedicated to run application containers with
>> limited isolation. At this time, application containers share the user
>> namespace with the host (AKA. lxc-execute doesn't pass CLONE_NEWUSER to
>> clone(2)).
>>
>> > I am asking this question because when I execute this command
>> > directory named base_system is created on my host system, but I want
>> > it to create it on my base container because I want to to smbtorture
>> > tests on many containers.
>> >
>> > How should I do this?
>>
>> Since all application containers use the host user namespace, once the
>> user is created, it's available for all containers... do you have a
>> problem with that ?
>>
>>  This means it will not create a directory in /home of containers.
>  And it will not create a entry in /etc/group of container.
>  Is this right?

And when is use lxc-start -n base and start the container base and then
when I add user, it is shows the entry of user in /home of container and
also in /etc/group of container.

My doubt is when i use lxc-execute and add user why it not adding the entry
in /etc/group of container and why it is adding when i use lxc-start?