[Lxc-users] How to execute smbtorture command using lxc-execute?

Greg Kurz gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Thu Nov 3 13:06:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 17:07 +0530, nishant mungse wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I have one more doubt regarding lxc containers.
>
> command::
>  lxc-execute -n ubuntu_user -f /home/nishant/ubuntu.conf  -- useradd
> -c "base_system" -m -p base_system base
>
> Will this create a new user in base container or on my host system?

No. lxc-execute(1) is dedicated to run application containers with
limited isolation. At this time, application containers share the user
namespace with the host (AKA. lxc-execute doesn't pass CLONE_NEWUSER to
clone(2)).

> I am asking this question because when I execute this command
> directory named base_system is created on my host system, but I want
> it to create it on my base container because I want to to smbtorture
> tests on many containers.
>
> How should I do this?

Since all application containers use the host user namespace, once the
user is created, it's available for all containers... do you have a
problem with that ?