[Lxc-users] Problem running ubuntu container on centos-6

Huang Liang exceedhl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 04:44:42 UTC 2011

Has anyone here have tried to run a ubuntu container(lucid or natty) on a centos-6 hosting machine? When I start the container in debug mode I got this error:

lxc-start 1320295154.762 NOTICE   lxc_start - '/sbin/init' started with pid '26810'
lxc-start 1320295154.763 DEBUG    lxc_utmp - Added '/proc/26810/root/var/run' to inotifywatch

The container just hangs there and no output is given in the terminal, and no more message in the log files.

It's weird because ubuntu container runs on ubuntu hosting machine quite well using same lxc template. I guess the error could be caused by the upstart but I just do not have enough information to diagnose.