[Lxc-users] lxc container messing with hosts networking

arkaitzj at gmail.com arkaitzj at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:08:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at canonical.com>wrote:

> AFAIK you can't bridge wlan0, can you?  Am I wrong about that, or do
> you mean that you forwarded br0 to wlan0 using iptables?  If the latter,
> then note that in that case you no longer have a physical NIC attached
> to the bridge, so we might be back to the issue of the bridge changing
> MAC addresses when virtual NICs are attached.

Hey, well, u definitely can  bridge some wireless cards, I just assumed it
would be the same as eth, and now I cannot even bridge it as I thought I had
bridged when I tested on that machine, so I cannot be sure anymore on what I
said about working there.

> > Any ideas what could be causing it? it has to be something on the host
> > system.
>
> I think my reproduction of it is an issue with the '-net user' driver.
> I haven't looked at the code for that.  My guess would be that the
> bare metal reproduction of it which you mention above was due to a
> different cause.

So, for the moment it looks like kvm is the issue, I'll try more networking
modes on KVM.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Arkaitz