[Lxc-users] local routing

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon May 16 14:57:18 UTC 2011

On Sun 2011-05-15 (15:53), John Soros wrote:

> > I want to have auto-routing without manual scripting for each
> > container.
>
> So you want to use dhcp, so you will definitely not

I will definitely NOT use DHCP!
My servers have static addresses.

And how will DHCP help with my problem to know which host is on the LXC
host? This information is not in DHCP.

> > Then only this container can communicate with the host directly, but
> > not with other containers (in other networks): that traffic is still
> > routed via external router and this is a bad configuration.
>
> Well, the host acts as a router, I don't understand what you mean by
> "not with other containers" and "routed via external router", you can
> define your own routes

As I wrote in my first e-mail: I do not want to set my routes manually,
because LXC already knows which hosts are local containers. It should
manipluate the routing table automatically.

Ok, it seems, this feature is missing.
I will add it to my lxc script.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/