[Lxc-users] local routing

John Soros johnny at r0x0r.me
Sun May 15 13:53:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, 13 May 2011 11:32:16 +0200
Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Wed 2011-05-11 (19:13), John Soros wrote:
>
> > It seems to me you want to just script this routing stuff
>
> Not really :-)
> I want to have auto-routing without manual scripting for each
> container.

So you want to use dhcp, so you will definitely not be able to use
this. Bridged mode works for this.

> > this is possible in lxc on the host (use lxc.network.script.up),
> > then all you need is configure properly the network interface in
> > the guest os
>
> Then only this container can communicate with the host directly, but
> not with other containers (in other networks): that traffic is still
> routed via external router and this is a bad configuration.

Well, the host acts as a router, I don't understand what you mean by
"not with other containers" and "routed via external router", you can
define your own routes, so if you don't want it to be able to connect
to the host you define a black hole or something.
for "routed via external router", isn't that how networks work? or you
can directly connect to all hosts you need to?