[Lxc-users] lxc container messing with hosts networking

arkaitzj at gmail.com arkaitzj at gmail.com
Fri May 13 23:23:09 UTC 2011

Hi all,
lxc-version says 0.7.3, kernel 2.6.38
My problem is that I lose network conectivity to the host when I start a
guest.
My experience:
A kvm machine running the host with a debian testing.
#/etc/network/interfaces
# The primary network interface
# allow-hotplug eth0
# iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
    bridge_ports   eth0
    bridge_fd      0
    bridge_maxwait 0

I start the kvm with hostfwd and *connect through SSH to the host machine*

Create the guest image with lxc-debian, squeeze suite.
Added this to the container config:
lxc.network.type  = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link  = br0
lxc.network.name  = veth0

I do lxc-start and the image boots, then I do *#dhclient veth0* and my ssh
connection to the host hangs, it doesn't accept any other connection.
If I put veth0 as dhcp in network/interfaces the connection hangs on
container startup
If I do /etc../networking restart the ssh service resumes
If I do /etc../sshd restart the ssh service resumes
If I do tcpdump -i br0 the ssh service resumes

Not a kvm issue as it happens on a laptop I have over a br0->wlan0 interface

Am I doing anything wrong? Is this behavior expected or a bug?

Thanks

--
Arkaitz