[Lxc-users] rant: Debian template

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jun 21 09:40:28 UTC 2011

Hi

Anybody actually uses the "Debian" template?

I tried to figure out how I can pass a "suite" parameter to it, only to
see that

* The parameter is hardwired (to an obsolete value:
  http://bugs.debian.org/600456 )
* the script does not pass any custom argumets to the template
  script, so I'm not encourged to make it a parameter.
  Compare that to 'vserver build':
  http://linux-vserver.org/Building_Guest_Systems

If this bug is open for so long, I suspect most users don't really use
those templates. Am I right? What do you use to set up a new Debian
system?

And a general rant: no IRC channel to ask questions on, and no link to
the mailing list from http://lxc.sourceforge.net (the page mentioned as
"Homepage" of the package on my package manager).

Cheers,

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com