[Lxc-users] No console logging (guest converted from VServer)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jun 10 11:27:56 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm trying to convert some guests from Linux-VServer to LXC.
The system is Debian Squeese (recently upgraded from Lenny), running a
2.6.32-5-vserver-686 kernel.

I set up one new LXC guest, and it seems to work fine. So I went on to
convert one of the VServer gussts to LXC (basically set it not to start
automatically in /etc/vservers, created a LXC config for it, and did
some minimal changes). So far not so good.

It has been sort-of-working. But now I can't seem to start it.

What's even worse is that I don't see anything on the console log file I
set up: it remains empty (and no: no disk space issues and such). The
other guest seems to log the console output.

What may be the cause for not having a console output?

Condif file:

lxc.utsname = vtiger
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.hwaddr = 4a:49:43:49:79:01
lxc.network.ipv4 = 192.168.0.212/20
lxc.mounts = /etc/lxc/vtiger.fstab
lxc.rootfs = /var/lib/vservers/vtiger
lxc.console = /var/log/lxc/console_vtiger.log
lxc.tty = 6
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:3 rwm # dev/null
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:5 rwm # dev/zero
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:9 rwm # dev/urandom

vtiger.fstab:
none /var/lib/vservers/vtiger/dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0
none /var/lib/vservers/vtiger/proc    proc   defaults 0 0
none /var/lib/vservers/vtiger/sys     sysfs  defaults 0 0

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com