[Lxc-users] reboot fail debian squeeze container

KATOH Yasufumi karma at jazz.email.ne.jp
Wed Jun 8 10:00:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

I cannot reboot squeeze container that is created by lxc-debian template.

  HostOS: Debian Squeeze
  lxc: 0.7.4.2 (install from source)
       + "set close-on-exec flag on command socket" patch (<- Thx!)

I make a container using lxc-create,
  # lxc-create -t debian -n squeeze

then start the container and run reboot, but no reboot.
  # lxc-start -n squeeze -d
  # lxc-console -n squeeze
    : (snip)
  root at squeeze:~# reboot

by installing with lxc-debian template,
  z6:6:respawn:/sbin/sulogin
then make such a line in inittab file in container, and this line is
commented "Normally not reached, but fallthrough in case of emergency."
But I seem to reach this line as follows:

# lxc-ps --lxc
CONTAINER    PID TTY          TIME CMD
squeeze    18426 ?        00:00:00 init
squeeze    18768 pts/5    00:00:00 sulogin

I comment out that line, and run reboot, then I can reboot container.

KATOH Yasufumi / karma at jazz.email.ne.jp