[Lxc-users] slackware-13.37 template

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Wed Jul 20 10:44:31 UTC 2011

On 18/07/2011, at 3:05 AM, Matteo Bernardini wrote:

> On 15/07/2011 15:04, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> I tried to assemble a slackware-13.37 template for lxc-create
>>
>> http://ponce.cc/slackware/various/lxc-slackware-1337
>
> moved it on github
>
> https://github.com/Ponce/lxc-slackware
>
> and tried to put down some hints to have a container running pretty
> fast :)
>
> http://bit.ly/mSsvWU

Thanks for putting that template (& web page) together Matteo.

Its interesting that the template itself is so much larger than the
existing templates for the other distributions (no big deal though).
We could quibble about which packages constitute the base requirements
for a container but its easy to change and I've now made several
containers with this method - very neat and quite fast.

A particular change I had to make was to remove the config entries
"lxc.mount.entry=proc" (also devpts & sysfs). With those entries I was
not able to access some hardware device after I added them to the
configuration and to the fstab. I used instead a standalone "lxc.mount
= $rootfs/etc/fstab" and I was then able to access the device I had
configured. Same issue & fix for access /lib/modules/2.6.37.6 (since
the device driver needs to load a kernel module).

FYI, the hardware is quite interesting - HD video/audio capture card
from http://www.blackmagic-design.com and I have a page about using it
from a container at http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/lxcag/decklink.html

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland